CXG was founded in 2006 by brothers Daniel and Robin Pilley who had been running a retail business for over 10 years. The impact of the internet and cxgonline competition to retail businesses in the early part of the 21st century meant the brothers felt their long term future could no longer depend on the retail industry.
They both believed Haverhill provided a fantastic property investment opportunity and whilst Daniel managed the journey out of retail, Robin sourced suitable ‘buy-to-let’ property in the local area – thus CXG Property Services was born!
Read about our outstanding property investment track record here.
It is with great pride that we now detail the achievements of the company since inception:
2006 – CXG was created with the acquisition of a new office – a car and a mobile telephone! Robin and Daniel make their first buy-to-let purchase, quickly followed by three more. Elaine Grubb becomes the first employee of the new company.
2007 – Robin and Daniel purchase four more properties. CXG attracts their first investor client who goes on to buy ten properties! CXG Lettings is established. CXG also starts a maintenance division with one paint brush and a screwdriver.
2008 – Impressed by Robin and Daniel’s success, another brother Jonathan purchases eight properties. CXG Lettings now manages 25 investment properties. CXG become the first Letting Agent in Haverhill to have a reciprocal agreement with the local police.
2009 – CXG Lettings grows to manage over 50 properties on behalf of investors. The company is one of only three to be featured in the Lloyds TSB magazine as a success story during the financial recession. CXG acquires their first office on the High Street.
2010 – The property investment company wins ‘Property Sourcer of the Year’ at the Landlord and Lettings Awards. Elaine Grubb becomes a Director. CXG win a landmark test case against the local Council on behalf of vulnerable tenants – now referred to by Landlords over the entire country as a landmark case.
2011 – CXG Estate Agency opens and completes its first £1m sale. Elaine Grubb wins ‘Property Manager of the Year’, presented by Melissa Porter stepping in for Karren Brady. Robin starts a monthly business column in our local newspaper interviewing politicians, including Housing Minister, Mark Prisk and our ‘future Prime Minister?’, the local MP Matthew Hancock – presently the Minister of State for Skills and Enterprise. He also interviews prominent business people including David Gold, Co-Chairman of West Ham United Football Club and Ann Summers.
2012 – CXG Lettings now manage over 100 properties. CXG Lettings wins the ‘Customer Service Award’ at the Landlord and Lettings Show. Elaine Grubb also wins ‘Letting Agent of the Year’ at the National Landlord Association Women’s Awards.
2013/2014 – CXG Lettings is voted ‘Most Loved’ Agent in the UK – based entirely on customer testimonials.
- Robin gets an invite to No. 10 Downing Street to meet David Cameron the Prime Minister.
- Karren Brady presented CXG with the prestigious Gold Award at the Sunday Times ‘Best Single Office’ (our 6th award in 3 years).
- Robin wrote a book based on the life of David Gold, Co-Chairman of West Ham United and Chairman of Ann Summers – 2500 copies were sold through the West Ham Club shop with special ‘signing’ days.
- CXG sold a property to their first West Ham player/investor – Stuart Slater.
- Robin speaks at the NALS Conference and also becomes a national motivational speaker all around the country through his seminars at the Excel Property Show.
- CXG become members of NALS, Safe Agent, and the Property Ombudsman.
- CXG also became a Broker for Shawbrook Bank who are able to loan up to £15 million.
- Nearly 200 properties under Lettings Management and over 100 investment sales have been generated to date.
- CXG maintenance division has now merged with local company Rebi Construction enabling us to fully refurbish properties in any condition including the old White Hart pub in Haverhill High Street to become the new CXG House – that is now ‘open for business’!
2015 – Daniel and Robin purchase another derelict pub ‘The Bell’ and start to covert the downstairs into a Bistro and the upstairs into a Boutique Hotel.
2016 – The new addition to the High Street, The Nine Jars Bistro, opens and is a great local success.
2018 – The Nine Jars Boutique hotel finally opens above Nine Jars Bistro with five star reviews.
So whether selling a property, a first time property investor, an experienced investor or looking for a reliable property maintenance provision – CXG is your ‘one-stop shop’.
Want more information about CXG Invest? Contact us now